The Bluefaced Leicester Sheep Breeders Association is committed to protecting your privacy and security. This policy explains how and why we use your personal data we collect from you, to ensure you remain informed and in control of your information.
This is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation which comes into force on 25th May 2018
We will never sell your personal data, and will only ever share it with third party organisations we work with where necessary
This policy describes how and why this personal data must be collected, handled and stored to meet the Associations’ data protection standards and to comply with the law
The Association will make contact when required with members through electronic mail, correspondence sent via the royal mail network and through telephone calls
Consent will be collected in the form of tick boxes being added to the relevant paperwork, application forms, sale entry forms, registration forms, various order forms
Any questions you have in relation to this policy or how we use your personal data should be sent either by e-mail to [email protected] or addressed to The Data Protection Manager, The Bluefaced Leicester Sheep Breeders’ Association, Riverside View, Warwick Road, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 2BS
- ABOUT US
The Bluefaced Leicester Sheep Breeders’ Association (BFLSBA) is a registered Charity. Our Charity Number is 252714
Registered office is Riverside View, Warwick Road, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 2BS. Our office opening hours are December – February 9.00a.m – 4.30p.m March – November 9.00a.m – 5.00p.m
The Bluefaced Leicester Sheep Breeders’ Association will be the data controller.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal data you provide
Personal data includes Name, Address, Postcode, Date of Birth (if under 18 years of age), Telephone Contact Details including mobile number, e-mail address, UK Flock Number, CPH Number, Business Identifier Number (Northern Ireland Members Only), Membership payments in the form of cheques, Tag order payments in the form of cheques, Sale entry fees in the form of cheques
We obtain personal data about you when you:
- make an enquiry to the BFLSBA,
- join the BFLSBA as a new member,
- If you purchase BFLSBA membership for someone apart from yourself
- make a donation,
- place an order for supply of registration sheep ear tags,
- place an order to purchase goods or services from the BFLSBA, ie branded merchandise
- enter registered stock for an Association Sale
- Complete your registration forms to enable us to produce the Association Flock Book
We encourage young people to become members of the BFLSBA
If a new member application comes in to the Association office and it is for a child under the age of 18 years old then a parent or legal guardian must give their consent by co-signing the application form for the individual to apply for membership
If the Junior member enters a show class or sells at an association sale and is to be mentioned in the event/sale report we will publish their name and flock prefix along side the other winner. Parent / legal guardian will have to give consent at the time of sale or show entry.
Information for Parents / Legal Guardians
We take great care to protect and respect the rights of individuals in relation to their personal data, especially in the case of children. If your child is under 18 years of age we will only use his or her personal data with your consent. Once your child has achieved the age of 18 parental or legal guardians will no longer have to give your consent as they will be classed as an adult and will have to give their own consent
Information from Third Parties
We will at sometimes throughout the year receive members personal data from third parties. This will come in to the Association Office in the form of National and Regional show results and Association show and sale results as well as photographic material
Sensitive Personal Data
We do not normally collect or store sensitive personal data (such as information relating to health, beliefs or political affiliation) about members. However, there are some situations where this may occur (e.g if you have an accident at a BFLSBA meeting or event) If this does occur, we will take extra care to ensure your privacy rights are protected.
Accidents or Incidents
If an accident or incident occurs on our property or, at one of our events involving one of our staff (including Inspectors, Chief Stewards and Stewards) then we will keep a record of this (which may include personal data and sensitive personal data)
Using our website – Cookies
A cookie is a small file downloaded on to your computer or device when you access certain websites. Generally, Cookies identify you through your IP address and do not collect information about your identity.
For more information about Cookies please visit
www.allaboutcookies.org or http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
Cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website and help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allow us to improve our website.
- understanding what brought you to our website and what pages you visited;
- remembering you when you return to our website; and
- providing you with safe restricted access areas.
You can manage Cookies by changing your browser settings to block or delete cookies.
To find out how visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you block all cookies you may not be able to access parts of our website.
We use Google Analytics to monitor who visits our website.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us by paper copy is stored at the Registered Offices – Riverside View, Warwick Road, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 2BS in secure filing cabinets and storage boxes and handled by the Association Secretary and Assistant Secretary only.
Members data is also stored electronically on the ‘Grassroots’ Database and a unique password is given to each individual member which enables them to access certain parts of the database. Members are responsible for keeping their password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Only the Association Secretary and Assistant Secretary will be able to gain access to this database from the Association Office via password protected computers
Members data may be stored in the form of electronic documents held on password protected Computers which are kept on site at the Registered Offices of the Bluefaced Leicester Sheep Breeders’ Association at Riverside View, Warwick Road, Carlisle, Cumbria, and stored on a portable hard drive back up which is kept off site. Only the Association Secretary and Assistant Secretary will be able to gain access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Association will ensure that the data members provide is not held for any longer than necessary
The Association will ensure that the data members provide is processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects and protected in the appropriate ways
- HOW WE PROCESS THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
We only ever use your personal data with your consent, or where it is necessary.
- We use personal data for administration purposes to keep records of existing members as up to date as possible on the online electronic database – Grassroots
- To create records for new members on the online electronic database Grassroots – including the supply of an individual membership number unique to each member
- To compile and publish the BFLSBA Flock Book
- To promote the Bluefaced Leicester Sheep Breed through promotional material including articles, features and photographic material published within our Association Flock Book, Association Magazines and promotional leaflets
- To promote the Bluefaced Leicester Sheep Breed through display stands at national and regional shows, events and sales
- To promote the Bluefaced Leicester Sheep Breed through our Association Website in the form of articles, features, show and sale results, photographic material
- To promote the Bluefaced Leicester Sheep Breed through social network sites Facebook and Twitter including show and sale results, photographic material
- To create Association Sale Catalogues and produce sale reports for inclusion on our association website
- To request the production of registered association sheep ear tags
- To process orders for branded promotional goods
- Members data may be used to help produce the Association Accounts during the year.
- Members data may be used to recommend Judges for the Bluefaced Leicester Breed at National and Regional Shows, Sales and Events
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, or other individuals outside the membership without prior consent from the individual member
- The Association will ensure that members data is used for legitimate interests of the Breed
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION THROUGH THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your personal information to any paid up Member of our Association.
There are some instances within the working year where we need to disclose your personal information to third parties these times are:
- Members data may be published through the online database Grassroots, Association Website, Social Network Sites, Association Flock Book, Association Magazines, Photographic Material, Promotional Leaflets, Sale Catalogues, Show Results and Sale Reports to further the promotion and development of the breed
- Association Tag order time when your data will need to be shared with the tag company authorised to produce the association tags for that allocated year
- At the completion of the Association Flock Book your data will be shared with the allocated printer for that year as he co-ordinates the posting out of the flock book with the royal mail from our mailing lists
- If you wish to order branded merchandise through the Association your data will be passed on to a third party who handles the production and mailing of promotional items
- At quarterly intervals and at the end of the calendar year members data will be shared with third party – the Association Accountants and Auditors for the preparation of Association Accounts
- Members data will be passed to third parties ie the Associations’ nominated Auction Companies in the form of Association Sale Catalogues
- Members data will be passed to third party which is the allocated printer authorised by the Association for the printing of the Association sale catalogues
- Members data will be used in the reporting of Association Sales, National Shows and Events and passed to third parties i.e the National Farming Newspapers
- If Members become representatives of the Association by taking on a role of Trustee, Council Representative or as representatives on Breed Development Committee, Publicity or regional committees then their data may be published in the form of minutes and agendas to other members of the Association
- Payment Security
- There are no bank account details held within the Association Office for any individual member of the BFLSBA either paper copy or electronically within the Grassroots database.
- Standing order mandates that are completed at the point of new members joining the BFLSBA are not kept on site and are not photocopied. These are processed and then sent direct to the Bank of the joining member
- No electronic payments are taken by the BFLSBA by credit or debit cards
- Payments made to the Association by cheque or postal order are processed on the day of arrival in to the Association Office and paid in to the Association Bank Account the same day – no photocopies of cheques are kept in the Association Office
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the Association Office
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Any “subject access request” must be made in writing to the Data Protection Manager, Bluefaced Leicester Sheep Breeders Association, Riverside View, Warwick Road, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 2BS. After receipt of any “subject access request” the process and time frame to fulfil the request will be 28 working days from receipt. Excessive or multiple access requests that disrupt the day to day running of the Association will be charged.
This Policy was last updated 25th June, 2020